The Greenville Civil Service Commission will receive applications to create an eligibility list for the position of Part-Time Police Officer.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible to take the civil service test:
1. Must be a high school graduate or GED equivalent.
2. Must possess valid Pennsylvania automotive vehicle operator's license.
3. Must be Act 120 Certified under MPOETC or have successfully completed Act 120 training and successfully passed the final exam.
4. Must be a United States Citizen.
5. Must be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a Police Officer.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications at the time of hire:
6. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
7. Pass written, physical agility, medical, and oral examinations.
8. Pass criminal and driving background check and drug test.
The physical agility test will be given on April 21, 2017 at the Greenville High Track located at 9 Donation Road, Greenville, PA 16125 at 9:00am.
Applications are available online at www.greenvilleborough.com
. Applications must be returned by 3:00pm on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 to the Administrative Assistant to the Police Department located on the first floor at 125 Main Street, Greenville, PA 16125. A $30.00 processing fee payable to the Borough of Greenville must accompany the application.
The Borough of Greenville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital, veteran, or, in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, handicap status.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments as needed. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by individuals assigned to the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required or personnel so classified.