Skip Navigation Links
Borough Information
Local Information
Contact Us
Useful Information

Useful Information


Council meetings
Greenville Borough Council meets the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00pm in council chambers, located in the Municipal Building at 125 Main Street. Work Sessions are held on the Wednesday preceding each monthly council meeting. We warmly welcome the public to both meetings.

Greenville Tax Office
Frank Vanderslice, Tax Collector, has his office at 10 North Main Street. Office hours are 10-2 & 4-6 Tuesday and 10-2 Thursday. Phone 724.588.5641.

House numbering required
Emergency responders need to be able to locate your address quickly. Street address numbers are required to be posted on all buildings that an address has been assigned. The numbers are required to be Arabic numerals a minimum 4" high with a 1/2" brush stroke. Numbers shall be easily visible from the street and of a color contrasting to the background. Reflective numbers are recommended. Posting apartment numbers and letters on apartment entry doors is also helpful to emergency responders.

Recycling and Hazardous Waste Information
As part of the residential solid waste and recycling contract with Tri-County Industries, you have a convenient new opportunity to dispose of your household generated special materials - safely, easily and responsibly.  Introducing At Your Door Special Collection, a residential service offered by Tri-County Industries to provide year-round collections for you.  For more information please call (724) 748-4705 or toll-free at (800) 457-8202, email to; or visit their website at

Report street light outage
We request your help to keep all our street lights working properly. If you see any street light out or flashing, just look for the identification number, located at eye level on the pole, and note the street AND nearest cross street the light is located on. Then call the borough office, 724.588.4193 x402 and we will notify Penn Power. Most lights are repaired in 3 days.

Roofing permits
Before you replace shingles, homeowners or their contractor must fill out a permit application, found under the “Download Forms” tab. You’ll need to know how much the job will cost and also how many squares of shingles will be installed. We also encourage you to go to and check to see that your local home improvement company has secured worker’s compensation coverage. Then just bring your application to the Borough offices to calculate the fee, usually about $50, and receive a permit. Post it in a front window for the duration of the project plus 2 weeks.

Smoke detectors
Working smoke alarms are required in all residential buildings. Smoke alarms are to be located outside sleeping rooms and one on every other floor. The Greenville Fire Department provides assistance with the installation of smoke alarms and can be reached at 724-588-3111.

Tenant Registration
According to Ordinance 1514, home owners that have property other than personal residence are required yearly to submit a list of adult tenants, whether they pay rent or not. If your building is empty, we need to know that too. A complete copy of Ordinance 1514 plus a Tenant Registration form can be found by clicking on the “Download Forms” tab.

Tree limbs
Wondering how to get rid of those tree limbs that came down in the last wind storm? Greenville's Public Works department offers tree limb chipper service on the last Monday of the month. Call the Borough office at 724.588.4193 ext. 402 to be placed on the list.

Zoning Map
Borough of Greenville Zoning Map

Copyright © 2018 Borough of Greenville. | Content maintained and provided by Borough of Greenville.
Design by: Reeves Info Tech